The Logitech download assistant is software that is created by the developers of Logitech and this software is curated to be used for detecting the new or fresh updates on the Windows startup. This allows you to download and install the fresh updates for Logitech mouse and keyboard. However, every time you start your computer the Logitech download assistant pops-up on-screen which annoys many users. Remember, uninstalling and disabling this feature from your device will not change anything related to the keyboards and mouse you are using, this is only a utility for the updates. This article will highlight the methods to Logitech download assistant from your device. So let’s get started!
3 key methods to disable Logitech download assistant
There are three common methods to fix the issue with the Logitech Download Assistant Startup startup window. These methods are very simple and are listed below:
- Disable Logitech download assistant in the startup.
- Disable the Logitech download assistant in “Settings”.
- Deleting LogiLDA.dll file in System 32.
What is the Logitech download assistant startup?
Before we discuss different methods to disable what is the Logitech download assistant startup we should understand what exactly the Logitech download assistant setup is. It is a software that is designed for detecting the new updates on the software on the Windows startup. This software helps you to download and install the new updates for the keyboards and the mouse automatically that are used for giving commands.
What are the different methods to disable Logitech download assistant?
- Disable Logitech download assistant in the startup: This is a very easy method to disable Logitech download assistant startup. Sometimes, the app will get the startup option without letting you know, here are the steps for the same:
- You have to open the “Run” tab and type “taskmgr” in the text box.
- Tap on the “Ok” option and open the “Task Manager” button.
- Select the Startup tab and find the “Logitech Download Assistant”.
- Right-click on it and select the “Disable” option on the “Task Manager”.
- Reboot and check if the LDA still pop-up on the screen.
- Disable the Logitech download assistant in “Settings”: There are many affected users who manage to fix the issue by turning off the notifications for the Logitech Download Assistant in the Windows settings. You can also check the “Notifications & actions” in the settings for the Logitech Download Assistant and if the assistant is available on that tab then turn off the notifications will stop the pop-up.
- Open the “Settings” option and then tap on the “System”.
- Open the “Notifications & Actions” and scroll down to the Logitech list.
- If it is visible on the list then you can toggle Off the Notifications.
- You can check if the Logitech Download Assistant still pop-up on-screen or not.
Point to remember: If this option is not available in the “Settings” tab then the Deleting the LogiLDA.dll file in System32 method will help you to fix the issue permanently from the device you are using.
- Deleting LogiLDA.dll file in System 32: In this method, you have to delete the logiLDA.dll in the System32 folder to fix the Logitech Download Assistant pop-up issue permanently. However, there is a downside of opting for this method that you will have to update the Logitech product manually for the future because the automatic update feature will not work. So follow the steps that are given below:
- First of all, open the “File Explorer” option.
- Just locate the “LogiLDA.dll” in the directory named as “C:\Windows\System32”.
- Right-tap on the “LogiLDA.dll” file and tap on the “Delete” option.
- Restart the system and the LDA window will not pop-up anymore.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
By now we expect you are able to fix the Logitech Download Assistant Startup issue by considering the methods in this article. However, if you still see this Window popping up on-screen then it is strongly advised to visit the official website and get assistance for the same. On the website, you will get a customer support team of experts who will help you with the best possible solution to fix the issue.