TurboTax is an American tax preparation software tool that has been developed way back. It is the number one tool for tax preparation and its users are very satisfied with the services and features of this program. Anyone who wants to file tax can take the help of this software easily by downloading and installing it on the device. Generally, you don’t face any issue while installing it on your device but in some cases, you may face TurboTax won’t install on Windows 10 issue. This issue may occur due to several factors on your device. In case, you are facing trouble while installing TurboTax on Windows 10 then do not worry about it. Today in this post, we are discussing the solutions that can help you to fix the installation issue with TurboTax.
Ways to fix the TurboTax won’t Install issue on Windows 10
In case, you face the TurboTax won’t install issue on Windows 10 then you may need to run the setup file in compatibility mode. Otherwise, your antivirus tool may be preventing its installation. Therefore, to fix this issue do a quick re-installation of your antivirus program. Here we have stated the solutions, go through each solution to fix the issue.
Solution 1: Run the setup file in compatibility mode
This method has helped many users to deal with TurboTax won’t install issue on Windows 10. It seems a simple method but it can be an effective way to fix the issue. By providing the administration permissions to the setup.exe file you can easily get over this issue. Look at steps to run the setup file in compatibility mode:
- Head to the location where the Setup.exe file is located
- Right-click on the “Setup.exe” file and choose Properties
- Now, visit the compatibility tab
- Then, check the “Run this program as an administrator” option
Note 1: If you have ever unchecked the box next to the run this program in compatibility mode then make sure to check it under the compatibility mode section.
Note 2: During installation make sure to allow or confirm any dialogue which appears for you to confirm with admin privileges. After completing the above steps double click on the TurboTax app icon and check if the installation is completed or not.
Solution 2: Try to Reinstall Your Antivirus Tool
To fix the TurboTax installation issue on Windows 10 try to reinstall or update your antivirus tool. This action may provide you the latest and the most stable version of antivirus tool that can prevent the further problems with TurboTax installation. Follow the steps to reinstall your antivirus tool on your Windows 10 device.
- Click on the cog icon to open settings
- Now, in the control panel select apps
- Look for your antivirus tool and click Uninstall
- Follow the instruction in uninstall wizard to uninstall it
- Now, restart your Windows 10 computer and check if the issue is still coming out
- Visit your antivirus developers’ website and download the installation file
- Then, follow the instructions to reinstall your antivirus tool on your device
- Then, try to install TurboTax on Windows 10 again to check if the issue is fixed or not
Solution 3: Try to end all relevant tasks in Task Manager
To end all relevant task in task manager, follow the steps given below:
- Using your computer’s keyboard press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key combination
- Now, the task manager will be opened on your computer
- Then, use Ctrl + Alt + Del key combination to end all relevant tasks in the task manager
- Now, try to install TurboTax on your Windows 10 computer
- Check if the TurboTax won’t install on Windows 10 issue is fixed or not
Note: You can install TurboTax on Mac easily. If ever you get issues while installing TurboTax on Mac then the above solutions can be useful to fix installation issues on Mac as well.
To sum up, the TurboTax installation issue can be fixed by approaching various ways. Whenever you face such type of issue, try to run the setup File in compatibility mode and with administrator permissions. In this post, we have concluded the complete solutions to fix TurboTax won’t install on Windows 10 issue. These solutions may be very useful for you all, just go through each solution one by one to fix the issue with TurboTax setup installation.