If you are a taxpayer and you take the help of TurboTax software to file your tax returns, then this is more significant to choose the right version of TurboTax for you. But, if by mistake you have chosen the wrong version of TurboTax Online Software then there is good news for you. As we all know that, TurboTax is prominent tax computing software that also allows you to downgrade for free. Let’s discuss some important terms regarding how to downgrade TurboTax.
Being it from premier to deluxe or from deluxe to basic you can downgrade TurboTax whenever you wish to do that. To do that you will need to use the “Clear and Start over” feature but the good thing is that your TurboTax account (i.e. your login credentials) will not be deleted. Your prior year’s return doesn’t get affected by starting over except the information which you have entered for this year. Let’s begin to learn how to downgrade TurboTax.
How to downgrade TurboTax from premier to deluxe?
To start over with TurboTax you will need to use the “Clear and Start over” feature. Make sure that you have a PC to continue because this feature could not be used on the mobile app. If you have not a PC near you then you can try using the “Chrome” browser on your mobile. But, don’t forget to enable the desktop mode feature. Now go through the steps one by one to complete the downgrade TurboTax process.
- On your computer, open your browser
- Now, visit TurboTax sign in
- Using your login credentials, log in to your TurboTax account
- Now, click on the “My Account” button, present at top of the screen
- Now, select the option “Clear and Start Over”
- Confirm by clicking on the “Yes” button
- Hence, by confirming to start over you will be able to restart with TurboTax
- Now, you can go to choose TurboTax deluxe version to get started
How to downgrade TurboTax from deluxe to basic?
Using the Start over feature, you can downgrade from TurboTax deluxe to free. Follow the steps to learn how to downgrade from TurboTax deluxe online.
- Open a web browser using your desktop/PC
- Search for login TurboTax account
- Login to your account
- Go to the “My Account” section
- Click on the “Clear and Start Over” button
- Now, confirm to go-ahead
- Then, your account will be ready to start over
- Now login again and chose “TurboTax Basic”
- Your account will be downgraded from deluxe to basic
Note: Use a desktop version on your browser to access the TurboTax “Start over” feature. After, downgrading from the current version you will not be paid off from TurboTax. So avoid downgrading if you have purchased a TurboTax upgraded version recently. Also avoid downgrading your latest version if you have filed your income tax using TurboTax recently, as it will delete your data for this year automatically.
How to downgrade TurboTax without starting over?
Although TurboTax allows you to downgrade from the current version for free, you cannot do it without starting over. Thus there is only one way to downgrade TurboTax and that is the “Clear and Start Over” feature. For this reason, if you are looking for how to how to downgrade from TurboTax deluxe online then kindly go through the steps mentioned above.
In short, downgrading TurboTax from premier to deluxe, deluxe to basic is free and simple as we have concluded it in just a few steps. Do follow all the steps mentioned above to complete the process of how to downgrade TurboTax. For more details just visit the official website of TurboTax.