Most of the new Outlook users are not aware of the method to send and receive mail in Outlook. Although the process is quite simple and is like a child’s play, however many find it difficult to do so.
Outlook, the very own information manager as well as the emailing platform of Microsoft has been widely used by people across the globe. But, in order to use the emailing service, one needs to customize server settings.
Once you make the necessary changes in Outlook settings, you will be able to receive emails automatically without having to make any additional changes. The emails that you receive become directly accessible in your inbox.
Apart from this, you can also make additional changes to send or receive emails manually. Keeping that in mind, let us now have a look at how you can send and receive emails manually.
Method to Send/Receive Emails Manually
Before taking the procedure further, you must note that as soon as you do the manual setup, your waiting messages will be sent and downloaded to your inbox.
There are different ways to complete the setup. Here, we are going to discuss each method one-by-one.
- First of all, you need to launch Outlook on your device.
- After that, click on the ‘Send/Receive All Folders’ button.
- This button is available on the Quick Access toolbar.
- Then, click on the ‘Send/Receive’ tab.
- Further, click on the ‘Send/Receive All Folders’ button again.
- Next up, press the F9 key on your keyboard.
This is how you send and receive mail in Outlook.
Method 1: If you don’t see the ‘Send/Receive All Folders’ button
- Launch Outlook and then click on the ‘Send/Receive’ tab.
- After that, you need to right-click on the ‘Send/Receive All Folders’ button.
- In the next step, select the ‘Add to Quick Access Toolbar’ option.
Method 2: To set the send or receive interval
If you do not change these settings, you will have to go according to the 30 minutes default interval settings. In case you don’t want that to happen, it is a must that you change these settings. This setting generally changes the time you can check the emails.
- Launch Outlook and select the Send/Receive tab.
- Next up, select the ‘Send/Receive Groups’ button.
- Then, you need to choose the ‘Define Send/Receive Groups’ option.
- Next up, press the Ctrl+Alt+S keys on your keyboard.
- This will open the Send/Receive Groups dialog box.
- Now, you need to ensure that the ‘Schedule an Automatic Send/Receive Every X Minutes’ check box is selected and if it is not, then do select it.
- Using the Down arrow, you can set the desired number of minutes.
- You can also change settings for when Outlook is offline.
- Make the necessary and desired changes.
- In the end, click on the ‘Close’ button.
After going through today’s informative post, you will be able to send and receive mail in Outlook.